Author Topic: Beeping Bot  (Read 1242 times)

LargoLobo

• View Profile
    • Wolf Den Electronics
Beeping Bot
« on: June 12, 2014, 07:18:11 PM »
I just put together the kit and the bot runs fine, but the beeper puts out a solid beeeep! Quite loud. What's up with this? How can I control the beeper not to do that?

Oh, second question: I followed the "get started" instructions, but can't get the Balanduino hardware to show up in the Arduino IDE under "Tools."  I placed the Balanduino folder in the Arduino 1.0.5 "hardware" folder next to the Arduino folder that supplies the IDE with Arduino types. Any suggestions? I can't do much with the code until I can get passed this stumbling block. By the way, the driver works fine. The port name came up under Tools just fine when I plugged in the USB cable to the bot.

Regards,
John Wolf
Yours aye,
John Wolf

Lauszus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Beeping Bot
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 02:09:40 PM »
Hi,

Are the robot still when you turn it on? The robot will try to calibrate the gyroscope on power-up, but it detects that it is not still it will turn on the buzzer.

You will need the to download the newest version of the Arduino IDE which is 1.5.6-r2 at the moment: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software. I know it says beta, but there are several bug fixes and features which the Balanduino rely on.
I should become the "stable" version soon.

Regards
Lauszus