Author Topic: Slope floor  (Read 5442 times)

Lauszus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Slope floor
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 06:42:19 PM »
Good job Ahmed!

I am off for easter holiday this week and I haven't brought the Balanduino with me. I will test it as soon as I get home!

Could you upload a video of it, so I can see it in action? :)
Just post it to Youtube or something like that and post the link here.

Regards
Lauszus

Lauszus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 05:27:51 PM »
I just tried your code and implemented something similar in the PID branch. It looks like it's working pretty well :)

Finally, there is quite a major issue that I think we didn't consider, while we can get the robot to balance on inclines, if you reorient (spin) the robot so that it's facing the other way (180 degrees) while it's on the incline, the controller can't adjust fast enough to reverse the tilt angle all the way around. A possible solution is to read the orientation reading from the IMU (Z axis) and "invert" the PWM values going to the motors?
Instead I think it would be better to estimate the angle using the encoders.

Regards
Lauszus

Lauszus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 05:54:55 PM »
I just pushed it to Github: https://github.com/TKJElectronics/Balanduino/commit/dd205d9b36ff0444529f75800d8636cb6f7f010f, as you can see I keeped my original code, so it will come back to the same position everytime.

Regards
Lauszus
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:28:26 PM by Lauszus »

tkj

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2014, 09:31:24 PM »
Finally, there is quite a major issue that I think we didn't consider, while we can get the robot to balance on inclines, if you reorient (spin) the robot so that it's facing the other way (180 degrees) while it's on the incline, the controller can't adjust fast enough to reverse the tilt angle all the way around. A possible solution is to read the orientation reading from the IMU (Z axis) and "invert" the PWM values going to the motors?
I agree that a combination of encoder readings combined with the gyroscope, should make it possible to calculate the yaw of the robot.
This could indeed be used to optimize the inclination regulator to take the orientation into account.
Regards Thomas
Best regards
Thomas Jespersen
www.balanduino.com