Author Topic: Android app graph instability problem  (Read 2574 times)

Ahmed

• View Profile
Android app graph instability problem
« on: March 24, 2014, 06:35:08 PM »
Hey,

I noticed if you have the robot balancing well with acceptable PID gain values and no problems balancing, if you switch to the graph tab on the android app for a few seconds my robot starts to freak out and eventually falls over. I fixed this a little bit by lowering the transmission rate (increasing the delay) in the "Tools.ino" file to 500ms

Code: [Select]
(sendIMUValues && millis() - imuTimer > 500)
EDIT: I've also noticed that this problem doesn't happen when the robot is connected via the USB cable to the PC and displaying graph data over USB instead of bluetooth (in the processing app). So it could be a problem with Bluetooth transfer rate.

but the rate is now of course is very slow, anything else I can try? Is it supposed to work without problems?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 09:58:45 PM by Ahmed »

Ahmed

• View Profile
Re: Android app graph instability problem
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 09:06:34 PM »
problem solved by buying another cheap bluetooth USB dongle, now it works without hitches.

Lauszus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 12:35:44 AM »
Thanks for your feedback Ahmed. Can you post the link to the dongle and we will investigate it further!

Ahmed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 02:02:03 AM »
Here is the replacement Bluetooth USB dongle I bought from a local store instead of the one that came with my balanduino. Hope it helps.

Lauszus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 02:28:05 AM »
Thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't help much, but we will try to see if it's a general problem with the dongles.

Regards
Lauszus

reinier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 08:08:57 PM »
Hi,

I have shortly received my balanduino. I have the same problem when I turn on the graph on my Android app.  Good to hear that it will be fixed when replacing the USB dongle.

Good work.

Best regards, Reinier

Lauszus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 11:21:24 PM »
Hi Reinier,

Unfortunately it seems like it's only some people that is having the problem, but we will try our best to make sure that they get tested for this specific issue before they gets shipping out.

Regards
Lauszus

diegoom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 10:34:06 PM »
I confirm this problem also in my robot. I noticed it only after firmware upgrade to latest release.